Tired of your boys sporting the same old boring haircut? It’s time to give your favorite fella a new versatile look. This retro inspired style is simple and fun. Depending on the occasion, it can be worn spiked up and funky, or combed over for a sleek classy look. Let’s face it….we ALL know OUR kids are the coolest on the block, so make sure they look like it! 🙂
1. You WILL be stared at everywhere you go….grocery stores, church, the gym…children especially love to “look” for lengthy periods of time….
2. You might be told (by a child) that you look like Ariel from “The Little Mermaid”…a compliment no doubt…?
3. Elderly women will stop to tell you how gorgeous your hair is. (I really didn’t anticipate that one)
4. You will HAVE to do your hair and makeup EVERY day! Leaving the house without makeup and messy locks just isn’t going to cut it (remember the watchful eyes) you better look like you’ve “got it together.”
5. You might realize that half of your wardrobe doesn’t work with your hair because hot pink/magenta does, in fact, clash with quite a few colors.
6. Your kids will say “you look like a rock-star”…bonus!
7. Your Dad, who’s favorite color is HOT PINK, will LOVE your hair and tell your Mom that she needs to do hers the same color. LOL
8. Many will ask you if you are wearing a wig.
9. You might start the coloring process and quickly realize you don’t have enough product and have to “run” to the beauty supply store with half of your hair pink to buy 2 more tubes. Which I might add, is quite embarrassing!
10. And my favorite…when you see someone that you see often …and they say absolutely nothing, this is when you know they think you’re crazy.
Feeling hot? Try this easy cute style to keep your hair out of your face and off your neck. Who doesn’t love a little retro feel? Bonus: you get to sport a headband!
Air Salon and TheUneditedMama.com are teaming up to provide one lucky mom a day of pampering, in honor of Mother’s Day. Winner will receive a makeover including makeup and hair (cut and/or styling) services. To nominate a mom, leave us a short note on the Air Salon Facebook page stating who you are nominating and why they deserve it. Feel free to include their picture. * Winner to be announced Mother’s Day, May 11th. Services to be performed at Air Salon in Issaquah, WA on date to be determined.
Long, luxurious hair is a style that men love and women strive to have. Getting your hair to the length you want and keeping it healthy in the process can be a daunting task. With the amount of processing and stress women put their hair through daily, you must take extra care of your tips especially when growing out your hair or keeping it long.
Here are a few tips to keep your ends looking fab despite how much you put them through:
- Limit your irons (flat and curling). Flat ironing and curling your hair daily can really damage your hair. I’m not saying you should never do it, just try to take a couple days off a week to give your hair a rest. Try a top bun, ponytail or braid. Not only will this give you some much needed variety, but it also gives your hair a break from the heat. 🙂
- Use thermal protective products before blow drying, flat ironing or curling hair. Try Redkin Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blowdry Lotion, Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel or Pantene Pro V Restore Beautiful Lengths Smoothing Balm.
- Rejuvenate your dry ends with Coconut Oil. I use, straight up, Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil (the same kind you use for cooking). Add a small amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair and then secure your hair into a bun or ponytail (to keep the oil from getting on clothes). Leave the oil on for a long as possible. Try sleeping with it and then shampoo and condition as usual. (You will NEED to wash your hair, otherwise your ends will be too greasy looking). Coconut oil is GREAT for smoothing our your ends and making them look healthy!
Remember that when you want gorgeous long hair, you MUST take extra care of it. No one looks good with over-processed ends that look dried out and nasty. By all means grow out that hair, but keep it looking healthy by taking care of your ends!